Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sporting...

I'm really not a big fan of sports, playing or watching. If forced to choose a favorite team, I'd have to with the Philadelphia Phillies. Why? Well, when I was but a wee lass of 11, my neighbors bought tickets for a game with the intention of taking my father and older buttmunch of a brother along with them. (A gift for the buttmunch's 15th birthday, IIRC). Sufficed to say, said buttmunch decided he was too cool to attend a major league baseball game with his dad and neighbors, so I got to go in his place! I don't really recall much about the game except that it was a shut out against the Padres (9-0!) and I got to eat as many Philadelpha soft pretzels as I could eat. Oh, and I got to spend the day/evening with my Daddy. Getting time alone with him in a family of four kids was a rarity, so I soaked up every second that I could.

Anyway, because of that game some 24 years ago, I'm a die-hard Phillies fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment